OTHER NON-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: SUPPLEMENTARY ACTIVITIES, COURSES AND SEMINARS
The information in this Guide refers only to activities and regulations in place at Bocconi University. For activities and regulations in place at Politecnico, please check the PoliMi widget available in the yoU@B Diary.
Last change 11/07/2019 15:43
Bocconi University offers students also supplementary activities - which are non-curricular and do not provide any credit for the students CV - designed to enhance their cultural understanding and complement the degree program requirements.
Participation in these activities is optional; successful participation in these activities allows students to obtain a certificate of participation.
Supplementary activities offered by the University include:
The full range of supplementary activities for 2019-2020 is published in September (before the start dates of any activity chosen). More detailed information including programs and calendars will be released on the Bocconi website in the sections of the services which offer these activities.
For students enrolled in Master of science programs, participation in supplementary activities is optional and is governed by general instructions, as follows:
- sign-up application procedure*: through the yoU@B student Diary in accordance with sign-up methods defined by the service offering the activity, about one month before the start of the course;
- assigning courses*: for each study program, sign-up applications are accepted in the order of chronological sign-ups received. Students who are admitted/not admitted to attend these activities will receive a personal online message sent to their yoU@B student Diary;
- attendance: compulsory for at least 75% of teaching sessions and checked through the online Attendance procedure by the teacher in class, in order to obtain the certificate of participation; online courses, if offered, also have mechanisms for registering attendance.
- evaluation: is carried out by instructors according to the assessment methods discussed in class (the faculty member may require a final written report) but is subordinate to the compulsory 75% attendance and the active participation in class;
- period of study: courses are held during teaching periods and on specific dates which will be finalized before the sign-up period begins;
- duration: depending on the chosen activity.
Successful participation in these activities, certified by the teacher, allows students to obtain a certificate of participation.
* For aspects regarding sign-up and assigning courses, activities organized by Counseling and Self-Empowerment are exempt. These courses have different sign-up and assigning courses methods, which are described on the Bocconi website (www.unibocconi.eu/counseling).
Last change 02/07/2019 17:21
Courses, Seminars and Other Activities
Services at the University also organize other activities, courses and seminars open to students throughout the year. These include:
- career guidance seminars, company presentations, individual counselling in job search techniques; organized by the Career Service - http://www.cs.unibocconi.eu/
- Recruiting events and career fairs - http://www.cs.unibocconi.eu/
- POL (Personal Orientation Lab) for students and recent graduates interested in exploring their aptitudes in order to face the job market more effectively, organized by the Career Service - http://www.pol.unibocconi.it/;
- concerts, meetings, exhibitions, debates, sports and culture events aimed at raising students’ cultural awareness - http://www.unibocconi.eu/campuslife
- athletics, 5-a-side and 11-a-side men’s soccer, 5-a-side women’s soccer, golf, lacrosse, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s volleyball, rugby, skiing and snowboarding, tennis, skeet-shooting and sailing are the sports practiced at Bocconi, both at recreational and competitive levels, in national and international university tournaments.
The men’s basketball team, the 5-a-side men’s soccer team, and the men’s women’s volleyball teams also participate in their respective federations tournaments - Bocconi Sport Team SSD: www.unibocconi.eu/pellicani
- opportunities for the development and expression of artistic skills, thanks to Bocconi Arts and Humanities initiatives: www.unibocconi.eu/artscampus
- courses for mind-body balance, to keep a high quality of life and to develop new passions and interests: www.unibocconi.eu/wellness.
Detailed information on course timetables and how to participate in the activities listed above is available on the Bocconi website and the yoU@B student Diary in the section of the organizing service.
Last change 02/07/2019 17:21