GIADA DI STEFANO
Courses a.y. 2020/2021
Ph.D. in Business Administration and Management, Università Bocconi (2011). Degree in Business Administration, Università Bocconi (2003).
Personal Page: http://www.giadadistefano.com/
Associate Professor of Strategy at Bocconi University. Affiliated with BELSS, Bocconi Experimental Laboratory for the Social Sciences. Affiliated with SnO Research Center at HEC Paris. Member of the Editorial Board of Strategic Management Journal (from 2016) and Strategic Organization (from 2016).
Associate Professor of Strategy at HEC Paris (2017-2019). Assistant Professor of Strategy at HEC Paris (2012-2017). Product Manager at L’Oréal Paris (2003-2005).
Leadership of Competitive Strategy IG of the Strategic Management Society (from 2020) and Representative-at-Large and Engagement Officer for the Behavioral Strategy IG of the Strategic Management Society (2017-219). Member of the Executive Committee of the STR (formerly BPS) Division of the Academy of Management (2015-2017). Representative-at-Large for the TIM Division of the Academy of Management (2013-2015).
Innovation, knowledge, and organizational learning. Creation and transfer of knowledge, with particular emphasis on creative industries and the role played by social and institutional forces, such as social norms.
- Giada Di Stefano and Cedric Gutierrez (2019), “Under a magnifying glass: On the use of experiments in strategy research.” Forthcoming on Strategic Organization.
- Elena Dalpiaz and Giada Di Stefano (2018), “A universe of stories: Mobilizing narrative practices during transformative change.” Strategic Management Journal, Volume 39, Issue 3: pp. 664–696. Honorable mention, Best Conference Paper Prize, 2016 SMS Annual Conference; Best Paper, Strategy Process IG, 2016 SMS Annual Conference.
- Giada Di Stefano, Andrew A. King, and Gianmario Verona (2015), “Sanctioning in the wild: Rational calculus and retributive instincts in gourmet cuisine.” Academy of Management Journal, Volume 58, Issue 3: pp. 906-931. Nominated, Best Conference Paper Prize, 2014 SMS Annual Conference.
- Giada Di Stefano, Andrew A. King, and Gianmario Verona (2014), “Kitchen confidential? Norms for the use of transferred knowledge in gourmet cuisine.” Strategic Management Journal, Volume 35, Issue 11: pp. 1645–1670.
- Margaret A. Peteraf, Giada Di Stefano, and Gianmario Verona (2013), “The elephant in the room of dynamic capabilities: Bringing two diverging conversations together.” Strategic Management Journal, Volume 34, Issue 12: pp. 1389–1410. Lead article; 2016 Emerald Citations of Excellence.