Courses a.y. 2022/2023
11946 CONDUCTING QUALITATIVE RESEARCH
20480 PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT E CORPORATE STRATEGY - MODULO II (CORPORATE STRATEGY) / PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT AND CORPORATE STRATEGY - MODULE II (CORPORATE STRATEGY)
30276 FAMILY BUSINESS STRATEGIES
30521 ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION MANAGEMENT
Born September 2nd, 1968. Degree in Business Administration from Università Bocconi. PhD in Business Administration and Management, Università Bocconi. PhD in Entrepreneurship and management at the Jönköping International Business School, Sweden.
- Full Professor of Business Strategy.
- Director of the undergraduate program in "Economia Aziendale & Management" (CLEAM) between 2013 and 2019.
- Director of the M.Sc. in Management between 2005 and 2010.
- Vice-Chair, Family Firm Institute, 2017-2021.
- Chair of the Entrepreneurship Division of the Academy of management, until 2016.
- Assistant Professor at Carlo Cattaneo University, Castellanza, since 2004
- Visiting scholar at the Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, between 2001-2003.
Strategy and management of Family Firms. Dynamic Capabilities and Organizational Routines.
- Salvato, C., Sargiacomo, M., Amore, M., & Minichilli, A. (2020). Natural disasters as a source of entrepreneurial opportunity: Family business resilience after an earthquake. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, forthcoming (DOI: 10.1002/sej.1368).
- Salvato, C., Chirico, F., Melin, L., & Seidl, D. (2019). Coupling family business research with organization studies: Interpretations, issues and insights. Organization Studies, 40(6): 775-791.
- Salvato, C. & Rerup, C. (2018). Routine Regulation: Balancing conflicting goals in organizational routines. Administrative Science Quarterly, 63(1): 170-209.
- Salvato, C., & Vassolo, R. (2018) The sources of dynamism in dynamic capabilities. Strategic Management Journal (“New theory in strategic management” Special Issue), 39(6): 1728-1752 (DOI: 10.1002/smj.2703).
- Castellaneta, F., & Salvato, C. (2018). Culminating events and time working together in top management teams: Insights from private equity. Long Range Planning, 51(6): 865-880 (DOI: 10.1016/j.lrp.2017.08.006).
- Chirico, F., Salvato, C., Byrne, B. M., Akhteer, N., & Múzquiz, J. A. (2018). Commitment escalation to a failing family business. Journal of Small Business management, 56(3): 494-512.
- Salvato, C., Reuer, J. & Battigalli, P. (2017). Cooperation across disciplines: A multilevel perspective on cooperative behavior in governing interfirm relations. Academy of Management Annals, 11(2): 960-1004.
- Chirico, F., & Salvato, C. (2016). Knowledge internalization and product development in family firms: When relational and affective factors matter. Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, 40(1): 201-229.
- Salvato, C., & Corbetta, G. (2013). Transitional leadership of advisors as a facilitator of successors’ leadership construction. Family Business Review, 26(3): 235-255.
- Salvato, C. Minichilli, A., & Piccarreta, R. (2012). Career dynamics of CEOs in family and nonfamily firms. An optimal matching analysis. Family Business Review, 25(2): 206-224.
- Salvato, C., & Rerup C. (2011). Beyond collective entities: Multilevel research on organizational routines and capabilities. Journal of Management, 37(2): 468-490.
- Salvato, C. (2009). Capabilities unveiled. The role of ordinary activities in the evolution of product development processes. Organization Science, 20(2): 384–409.
- Zahra, S., Hayton, J., & Salvato, C. (2004). Entrepreneurship in family vs. non-family firms: A resource-based analysis of the effect of organizational culture. Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, 28(4): 363-381.
- Corbetta, G., & Salvato, C. (2004). Self-serving or self-actualizing? Models of man and agency costs in different types of family firms. Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, 28(4): 355-362.
- Salvato, C. (2003). The role of micro-strategies in the engineering of firm evolution. Journal of Management Studies, 40(1): 83-108.