Courses a.y. 2020/2021
20160 CORPORATE STRATEGY
20670 SOCIAL MOVEMENTS, MARKETS AND FIRMS
30388 ECONOMIA E MANAGEMENT DEI MEDIA [MEDIA INDUSTRIES: THEORY AND PRACTICE]
40121 SOCIOLOGY FOR BUSINESS STUDIES
Degree in Business Administration from Bocconi University. PhD in Economics from Università degli Studi di Torino.
Research fellow and visiting scholar in the following institutions: J.F. Kennedy School of Government and Harvard Business School (Harvard University), Sloan School of Management (MIT), Anderson School of Management (UCLA), Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI) and the Bank of Italy (Servizio Studi).
He had teaching positions in the following universities: Harvard University (Faculty of Arts and Sciences - Department of Economics), Politecnico di Torino, Università degli Studi di Bologna.
- Director of the MSc China MIM
Business Strategy. Internationalization Strategies. Media Economics. Sociology of Organizations.
- Categorical stigma and firm disengagement: Nuclear power generation in the United States, 1970-2000. Organization Science, 2015, 26(3): 724-742 (with A. Piazza).
- Challenger Groups, Commercial Organizations, and Policy Enactment: Local Lesbian/Gay Rights Ordinances in the United States from 1972 to 2008. American Journal of Sociology, 2013, 119(3): 790-832 (with G. Negro and G. R. Carroll).
- Resource partitioning revisited: Evidence from Italian television broadcasting. Industrial and Corporate Change, 2013, 22(2): 459-487 (with S. Reis, G. Negro, O. Sorenson and A. Lomi).
- Hybrids in Hollywood: A study of the production and performance of genre spanning films. Industrial and Corporate Change, 2012, 21(6): 1450-1472 (with G. Hsu and G. Negro).
- Micro-costs: Inertia in television viewing. The Economic Journal, 2012, 122(563): 867-902 (with C. Esteves-Sorenson).
- Temporary identities: Hybridity and the construction of identities in the U.S. feature film industry. Advances in Strategic Management, 2011, 28: 467-499.
- E pluribus unum: Domain framing, candidate matching and organizational form emergence in U.S. television broadcasting, 1940-1960. Organization Science, 2008, 19(4): 533-47 (with G. Negro e A. Lomi).
- The Structure of Consensus: Network Ties, Legitmation, and Exit Rates of U.S. Feature Film Producer Organizations. Administrative Science Quarterly, 2008, 53(1): 145-182 (with G. Cattani, S. Ferriani, G. Negro).
- Mixing genres and matching people: A study in innovation and team composition in Hollywood. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 2007, 28(5): 563-586 (with G. Negro).
- Filling empty seats: How status and organizational hierarchies affect exploration vs. exploitation in team design. Academy of Management Journal, 2006, 49(4):759-777 (with G. Negro)
- Economia e management dei media. 2018. Egea, Milano (con S. Basaglia).
- Economia e management della televisione. 2009. Etas, Milano (con C. Dematté).
- Economia del cinema. 2003. Etas, Milano (with G. Negro).
- Economia di Internet. Analisi delle imprese, delle istituzioni e dei mercati. 2000. Etas, Milano.