8331 - INNOVATION, COMPETITION AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
During the lectures, models presented are confronted with data and emphasis is given to the role of public policy in fostering innovation, achieving the benefits of tougher competition and designing appropriate institutional frameworks.
- Theories of economic growth: exogenous and endogenous growth models
- The role and extent of knowledge spillovers: an empirical evaluation
- Innovation and development
- Innovation and institutions
- Microeconomic aspects of the economics of knowledge, R&D and technology diffusion
- Competing in capabilities: Globalization and industrial development
A complete list of readings will be given at the beginning of the course.