8185 - SALES AND KEY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
MM-LS - AFC-LS - CLAPI-LS - CLEFIN-LS - CLELI-LS - DES-LS - CLG-LS - M-LS - IM-LS - ACME-LS - EMIT-LS
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
This course deals with the methods and practical tools for human resource management in sales processes and for key account management.
The goal of this course is to foster analytical and decision-making skills of the students, by means of the use of theoretical models and decision-support tools in lectures, case studies and field projects.
A business game (sales simulation) helps students to put into practice the key topics covered in the course.
From personal selling to Key Account Management:
- The personal selling process
- Identifying and analyzing key accounts
- Key Account Management
Managing sales processes:
- Sales Forecasts
- Territory design
- Organizing the sales force and planning selling efforts
- Direct, indirect and mixed sales forces
- Team Selling
- Rewarding and compensating the sales force
Sales force management:
- Recruiting and selecting sales personnel
- Sales force training
- Sales force motivation
- Leadership and coaching
Some classes are held by a Visiting Professor.
Written exam. The Sales Simulation is included in the final evaluation.
- Cron, DeCarlo (2006), Dalrymple’s Sales Management (9th edition) - only chapters discussed in class
- Dalrymple, Sujan, Sales Management Simulation (6th edition)
Non attending students
- Cron, DeCarlo (2006), Dalrymple’s Sales Management (9th edition)