8175 - PERFORMING ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT WORKSHOP
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
The Laboratorio has as its main keyword specificities and critical issues with regard to productive processes within institutions, organizations and initiatives in the performing arts sector. Particular attention is paid to different kinds of big events.
The Laboratorio is structured on: lessons, presentations of case studies in a comparative perspective at international level, meetings with guests coming from artistic organizations, visits to places and performing events, development and presentation of field projects in small groups or individual investigations.
- Short introduction to the performing arts sector
Different kinds of events
Project / events management
Profitability of producing versus profitability of distributing performances. New artistical "impresarios"
The productive chain in institutions, organizations and initiatives in the performing arts
The tournée: specificities and productive issues
Festivals: specificities and productive issues
Open air events: specificities and productive issues
Entertainment interdisciplinary projects
Development and presentation of the field projects or individual investigations
- Written exam on materials, course documents and personal notes (75%)
- Field project (25%)
Non attending studentts:Written exam on the two books (one given and one chosen).
Materials, course documents and personal notes.
Non attending students:
- KOTLER P., Standing room only, HBS Press
One book to be chosen among:
- BOLDWIN G., Events management, Elsevier
- GOLDBLATT J., Special events. The roots and wings of celebration, Wiley
- YEOMAN I., Festival and events management. An international arts and culture perspective, Elsevier