5352 - INTERNATIONAL MARKETING RESEARCH (CEU)
Course taught in English
Insegnamento riservato agli studenti CEU
Go to class group/s: 31
Hypercompetition leads companies that compete in the international arena to build a solid marketing information and research system. Managers that develop a marketing plan for an international firm need a theoretical and technical background about the use of marketing research: the strategic marketing decisions mentioned in the plan, such as the selection of potential markets and the definition of the international marketing mix, should be supported and oriented by the results of marketing researches.
The course objective is, first, to give students a wide view of the marketing research process and the principal researches tools. Later on, the course puts into practice these tools: participants are given all competencies for developing the most efficient plan for gathering the information they need to support international marketing decisions.
- The marketing information system
- The marketing research: problem definition and research objectives
- Exploratory, descriptive and causal researches
- Exploratory research and collection of primary data: focus group, ZMET and in-depth interview
- Descriptive research and collection of primary data: sampling plan, survey and observation
- Causal research and collection of primary data: the experiment
- Data analysis: techniques and models
- Marketing research for the selection of potential areas of business
- Marketing research for macro and micro segmentation in international areas
- Marketing research for the international positioning
- Marketing research for the definition of the international marketing mix
Students have to choose whether they take the exam as attending students or as non-attending students.
The final exam is constituted by:
- A field project by groups; its grading counts for 40% of the final general evaluation;
- An individual written exam; its grading counts for 60% of the final general evaluation.
Non - Attending students
Basic marketing knowledge is a prerequisite