50164 - THE LAW OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
CLMG - M - IM - MM - AFC - CLAPI - CLEFIN-FINANCE - CLELI - ACME - DES-ESS - EMIT
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
The aim of the course is to provide an overview of the European Union law legal order and the European integration process.
The course focuses on the EU institutional architecture, the decision making process and system of judicial remedies. The legal framework of economic integration and the rules governing the internal market are dealt with particular attention to the leading European case law.
The course is designed to provide students with a wide understanding of EU legal system.
- Historical overview of European integration.
- European Community and European Union.
- The EU institutional framework.
- European law-making.
- Judicial review in EU.
- Relationship between EU Law and the law of the Member States.
- The external relations.
- The Single Market.
- The free movement of goods and the Custom Union.
- The free movement of people and the Union Citizenship.
- The freedom of establishment.
- The free movement of services.
- The free movement of capital and economic and monetary union.
- EU Competition law.
- S. WEATHERILL, Cases and Materials on EU Law, Oxford University Press, 2014, Eleventh edition.