30378 - THE TRANSFORMATION OF CULTURAL SECTOR AND ART MARKET: CRITICAL ISSUES AND CASES
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
- Each paradox is examined through a theoretical lens and a real case and/or a guest speaker from museums, heritage sites, art fairs, art galleries and auction houses.
- By the end of this course the students are able to:
- Understand the transformation of the cultural sector and its future trends.
- Critically assess and discuss the main paradoxes of the cultural sector and art market.
- Manage and cope with these paradoxes, also thanks to the confrontation with real Italian and international cases.
- Develop your own professional network in the industry, thanks to a real project on the field.
Performing paradoxes: pursuing economic and artistic/symbolic goals, managing the expectations of different public and private cultural stakeholders.
Belonging paradoxes: developing and maintaining relationships at different levels, dealing with creative and business people, shaping the market while being influenced by it, and establishing a connection with the urban setting.
Organizing paradoxes: deciding between centralized and decentralized management, collaborating with other institutions while competing in the market, developing processes aimed at creativity while being efficient.
Learning paradoxes: finding a balance between the old and the new, preserving the cultural heritage while building a more contemporary organizational identity, leveraging on digital media and new technologies.
- Written test
- Written test (50%)
- Group project (50%)
- Materials available on Bocconi Library Course Reserves.
- Materials available on Bocconi e-learning and Library Course Reserves.