30361 - DOING BUSINESS IN EUROPE
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
The first part of the course gives an overview of the institutional organization of the European capitalism. A second section looks at the different features of national capitalisms in terms of ownership and control of business and propensity to inward and outward internationalization. The seminar makes use of online dataset in order to identify the nature of the European variety of capitalism.
- Corporate Ownership and Governance in the World and Europe.
- UK: the realm of institutional investors.
- Germany: coordinated capitalism.
- Italy: between State and Families.
- France: internationalization and dirigisme.
- The Scandinavian Model.
- Is there an European Corporation? Common elements of Ownership and Governance in Europe.
- Presentations and workgroup delivery.
- Attendance/Participation (33%)
- A group assignment (33%)
- A presentation (33%).
The exam and the project are valid until the end of the academic year.
- Lecture notes, Lecture slides.