30326 - INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMICS (MODULE II -MACROECONOMICS)
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 23
- Measuring aggregate economic activity.
- Macro equilibrium and the IS-LM model.
- The aggregate cost curve, the labor market and the Phillips trade-off.
- Economic policies to stabilize internal and external equilibria in open economies.
- Global macroeconomic geography.
- Long term prospects for growth: the debate.
- EU’s monetary policy and fiscal coordination: current developments.
- Labor market and welfare systems: empirical evidences and proactive structural policies.
- The global crisis since 2007: a role for international cooperation?
- 40% on a written partial exam (or an equivalent part of a final, general exam).
- 40% on group work (or individual paper).
- 20% on the second partial (or equivalent part of the general).
- O. BLANCHARD, A. AMIGHINI, F. GIAVAZZI, Macroeconomics: a European perspective, Pearson, 2013, 2th edition, only for reference to some chapters: for the preparation of the corresponding parts of the exam a set of slides is prepared by the teacher.