30280 - APPLICATIONS FOR MANAGEMENT
Course taught in English
- Introduction to applied research, research design, research question, causality.
- Sampling and data sources, finding data for research projects.
- Regression analysis: the simple one regressor case, multivariate regression, assumptions and properties, violation of assumptions and remedies
- One and two factors ANOVA.
- Factor analysis: model, extraction, rotation, interpretation.
- Scale construction and evaluation: reliability analysis and composite scores.
- Cluster Analysis.
- Regression analysis revisited: regression analysis in combination with factor analysis and cluster analysis.
The exam is written and lasts two hours. It is possible to take the written exam in two partial parts. In this case, the first partial must be passed (18/30) to became eligible to do the second partial.
The exam and the project are valid until the end of the academic year.
- P. Newbold, W.L. Carlson, B. Thorne, Statistics for Business and Economics and Students cd, Prentice Hall, 2007, 6th edition, international edition.
- Lecture notes (sampling, data sources, research design, factor analysis, scale reliability and cluster analysis).
In particular, students should have passed Statistics (cod. 30001) in previous exam sessions or in the same session as the Application exam. If not, the Application exam is considered null as taken in breach of the compulsory sequence.