30230 - PERSONAL SELLING
CLEAM - CLEF - CLEACC - BESS-CLES - WBB - BIEF - BIEM - BIG
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
The goal of this course is twofold
- Helping students getting a deep and comprehensive understanding of managerial approaches and tools that salespeople can adopt for establishing longlasting relationships with customers, while maximizing efficiency and effectiveness in selling processes.
- Fostering analytical, behavioural and decisionmaking skills of the students, by means of the use of theoretical models, role plays and decisionsupport tools.
The focus is on the following topics:
- Managing the selling process: from transaction to relationship.
- The changing role, nature and activities of salespeople.
- Key competencies, skills and behaviours of salespeople.
- Managing interpersonal relationships with customers.
- Listening skills. Negotiation skills.
There is no partial exam.
For attending students
Prepare all materials used in class (e.g. cases and guest speakers sessions, too) and the related book chapters.
For non attending students
Prepare all book chapters.
- S. CASTLEBERRY, J. TANNER, Selling: Building Partnerships, McGrawHill Irwin, 9th Edition (only the chapters discussed in class).
- Handouts by the Professors
- S. CASTLEBERRY, J. TANNER, Selling: Building Partnerships, McGrawHill Irwin, 9th Edition.