30200 - POLITICAL SCIENCE
CLEAM - CLEF - CLEACC - BESS-CLES - BIEMF
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
- What is politics?
- Analysing power: sources and types of power
- Political regimes: democracy, authoritarianism and totalitarianism
- The actors of democracy: political parties, interest groups
- The institutions of democracy: executive-legislative power relations
- The rules of democracy: decision making and electoral process
- The "levels" of democracy: between local and global
This second part analyses the main characteristics of the Italian political system: history, empirical evidence and interpretation.
- Evolution of the Italian political system
- Recent trends: change or continuity?
- You may take two partials. In this case, the exam is considered as passed only if in both partials the grade is at least 18/30.
- You may take a general exam
- R. HAGUE, M. HARROP, Comparative Government and Politics. An introduction, Houndmills-Basingstroke: Macmillan, 2010
- M. COTTA, L. VERZICHELLI, Political Institutions in Italy, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2007