30179 - INTERNATIONAL PROJECT FINANCE
CLEAM - CLEF - CLEACC - BESS-CLES - WBB - BIEF - BIEM
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
This course teaches the foundations of project finance, an innovative and timely financing technique that has been used on many high-profile corporate projects. Project financing is emerging as the preferred alternative to conventional methods of financing infrastructure and other large-scale project worldwide. This course takes the students through the process step by step. It covers the rationale for project financing, how to prepare the financial plan, assess the risks, design the financing mix and raise the funds.
- Issues for the host government;
- Legislative previsions, public/private infrastructure partnerships, public/privat;
- Financing structures. Credit requirements of lenders and how to determine the project's borrowing capacity;
- How to prepare cash flow projections and use them to measure expected rates of return;
- Tax and accounting considerations.
The requested readings are communicated at the beginning of the course.