30178 - INTERNATIONAL BANKING
CLEAM - CLEF - CLEACC - BESS-CLES - BIEMF
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
- analyze the role of international banks and other international financial institutions.
- Examine the different kinds of risks that these institutions face and how they can deal with these.
- Study the regulation these institutions face and the international financial architecture in the aftermath of the financial crisis.
- the main functions of financial institutions in the economy.
- The main risks that financial institutions face: systemic risk and contagion.
- The regulation of international financial institutions: the Basle Accords, accounting standards, European system of regulation and supervision and post crisis regulatory reforms.
- A. Saunders, M.M. Cornett, Financial Institutions Management, A Risk Management Approach, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2011, 7th edition.
- additional material is distributed online and in class.