30169 - ECONOMICS OF FINANCIAL REGULATION
CLEAM - CLEF - CLEACC - BESS-CLES - BIEMF
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
The course presents and discusses the principles of regulation and supervision in the financial markets, focusing on both legal and illegal activities.
- Market failures and regulation
- The Demand for Financial Stability
- The Demand for Transparency
- Globalization, Regulation and Supervision
- Political Capture, Regulation and Supervision
- Industry Capture, Regulation and Supervision
- Defining Financial Integrity and Market Abuses
- Economics of Crime and Financial Markets
- Money Laundering
- Terrorism Finance
- Illegal Credit Markets
- Insider Trading
- Offshoring and Illegal Markets
Final written exam. No partial exam is scheduled.
Textbooks and readings are communicated at the beginning of the course.