30153 - ORGANIZATION THEORY
CLEF - BESS-CLES - BIEMF
Course taught in English
- provide an overview of the key issues and arguments within organization theory.
Apply organizational theory to practical organizational challenges to highlight the value of theory for organizational analysis and decision making.
Specifically, the course covers the following issues and topics:
- individual cognition.
- Top management teams.
- Formal / informal organizational structures.
- Organizational routines.
- Organizational culture.
- Interorganizational relations.
- Institutional theory.
- Knowledge and learning.
- Organizational change.
Grading is based on: in class participation, a group project, a class quiz (multiple choice) and a final written exam (multiple choice).
The final written exam is the same for attending and non attending students.
- Case collection for the course 30153 Organization Theory, Egea.
- A set of readings selected and uploaded on the Library Course Reserves (http://lib.unibocconi.it/screens/course.html) and on the Learning Space.
- Optional textbook:
M.J. Hatch , Organization Theory: Modern, Symbolic, and Postmodern Perspectives, 2012, 3ed. ISBN 978-0199640379.