20557 - FASHION & LUXURY MANAGEMENT
Course taught in English
INSEGNAMENTO RISERVATO AGLI STUDENTI CEMS
Go to class group/s: 31
In the "Management of Fashion and Luxury Companies" course, special attention will be devoted to the following topics:
- demand analysis and competitive benchmarking;
- market segmentation and target identification;
- product and brand positioning;
- innovation management and new product development;
- integrated communication management;
- digital strategies within fashion and luxury markets;
- customer relationship management.
The course is conducted as a seminar focusing on discussions, student’s initiated topics and occasional lectures. Preparation for class discussion, active class participation, preparation of short assignments and initiated topics and questions are crucial ingredients of the course.
- Provide participants with an understanding of the business and marketing challenges faced by firms in fashion and luxury industries.
- Equip participants with the conceptual frameworks and analytical tools required for planning and managing strategic decisions in a rapidly changing, omnichannel environment.
- 40% group assignment: you will be required to work on a real business challenge. The output has to be distinguished by a clear thesis, it has to be well organized, and it has to employ solid analytical frameworks. Every written assignment is expected to be grammatically correct and without spelling errors. The expected output should be a power point presentation.
- 60% final exam: you will be asked to take the final exam in the form of a multiple choice questionnaire, definition of concepts, application of theoretical models to examples, and/or short case discussion in writings. The Final Exam will be held in class (closed books)
- Selected readings (see the detailed program)
- Slides are available during the course