20537 - WEB AND SOCIAL ANALYTICS
CLMG - M - IM - MM - AFC - CLAPI - CLEFIN-FINANCE - CLELI - ACME - DES-ESS - EMIT
Department of Management and Technology
Course taught in English
(6 credits - I sem. - OP | SECS-P/10) - M
(6 credits - I sem. - OP | SECS-P/10) - IM
(6 credits - I sem. - OP | SECS-P/10) - MM
(6 credits - I sem. - OP | SECS-P/10) - AFC
(6 credits - I sem. - OP | SECS-P/10) - CLAPI
(6 credits - I sem. - OP | SECS-P/10) - CLEFIN-FINANCE
(6 credits - I sem. - OP | SECS-P/10) - CLELI
(6 credits - I sem. - OP | SECS-P/10) - ACME
(6 credits - I sem. - OP | SECS-P/10) - DES-ESS
(6 credits - I sem. - OP | SECS-P/10) - EMIT
(6 credits - I sem. - OP | SECS-P/10)
The focus of this course is on digital analytics: how to help firms make better decisions when conducting business with new media. This course covers relevant theories, methods, and tools to evaluate the effectiveness of different digital media. The course heavily stresses action-based learning. In this way, students will gain hands-on experience with some leading digital analytics tools. Also, the course presents the most appropriate metrics to evaluate the impact of social media on a company’s strategic and marketing performance. One focus of the course is on Social Network Analysis that is a theoretical and analytical approach particularly relevant in a connected, complex world in which phenomena are intrinsically “relational”. Innovative and successful organizations (i.e. NetFlix, FaceBook, Amazon) adopt for their go-to-customer strategies a network approach and they manifest growing needs of expertise and competencies in network theory and analysis.
Course Content Summary
- Foundations of Social Network Analysis.
- Online Recommendation Systems.
- Search Engine Marketing.
- Social Media Monitoring.
- Web Site Analytics.
- Mobile Marketing.
Detailed Description of Assessment Methods
Non Attending Students
- Group assessment - Workshops (60%):
- Class Attendance and Participation (10%)
- Final exam (30%)
- Exam will be structured into multiple choice, exercise and essay questions.
Attending and Non Attending Students
For Social Network Analysis sessions:
- Robert A. Hanneman and Mark Riddle: Introduction to social network methods. Available on line at http://faculty.ucr.edu/~hanneman/nettext/
For web and social analytics:
- (1) Air France Internet Marketing (KEL319-PDF-ENG)
- (2) Online Marketing at Big Skinny (911033-PDF-ENG)
- Rob Stokes (2013). eMarketing: the Essential Guide to Digital Marketing. Fifth edition, 2013, Quirk Education (free download), available at: http://www.redandyellow.co.za/product/textbook-digital/
- Jennifer Veesenmeyer, Peter Vandre, Ron Park, Andy Fisher (2013). It Only Looks Like Magic: The Power of Big Data and Customer-Centric Digital Analytics. Publisher: Merkle (June 10, 2013). ISBN-13: 978-0989451505
- Brad Geddes (2012). Advanced Google Adwords. Second Edition, Sybex. ISBN-13:978-1118194508
- Brian Clifton (2012). Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics. Third edition, Sybex, ISBN-13: 978-1118168448Mashable http://www.mashable.comTechCrunch http://www.techcrunch.comiMedia Connection http://www.imediaconnection.comSearch Engine Watch http://searchenginewatch.comMOZ https://moz.comeMarketer http://www.emarketer.comAdAge http://adage.com
- Occam's Razor http://www.kaushik.net
There are no courses required to attend this course.
Last change 24/06/2015 09:26