20464 - INDUSTRIAL ORGANIZATION
CLMG - M - IM - MM - AFC - CLAPI - CLEFIN-FINANCE - CLELI - ACME - DES-ESS
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
The course reviews the modern theory of Industrial Organization with reference to oligopoly markets. The course is organized in topics that covered advanced material. Topics cover price competition and its relaxation; repeated games and antitrust enforcement; entry; foreclosure; two sided markets; vertical contracts and market competition.
- Topic 1: price competition and its relaxation: capacity constraints and product differentiation
- Topic 2: repeated games, optimal cartels and antitrust enforcement, leniency programs
- Topic 3: entry, long run equilibria, contestability
- Topic 4: foreclosure
- Topic 5: two sided markets
- Topic 6: vertical contracts and market competition: managerial contracts, forward contracts and minority shareholding.
- J. TIROLE, The Theory of Industrial Organization, MIT Press, lastest edition.
- M. MOTTA, Competition Policy, Theory and Practice, Cambridge University Press, lastest edition.
- BELLEFLAMME P., PEITZ M., Industrial Organization, Markets and Strategies, Cambridge University Press, lastest edition.
- A reading list and slides will be provided.