20332 - GLOBAL STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
Course taught in English
INSEGNAMENTO RISERVATO AGLI STUDENTI CEMS
Go to class group/s: 31
The aim of this course is to prepare participants for a future position in a multination company. In particular, the aims of the course are
To introduce students to the domain of international and global strategy.
To gain an understanding of processes of strategy formulation and implementation, and apply them in a global setting.
To be aware of competing arguments behind a number of strategic approaches.
To emphasize the generalist nature of management work.
Part I - Foundations of Global Strategic Management.
- Introduces strategy in the global context and discusses how firms can achieve a global competitive advantage.
- Looks into the main strategic decisions an internationalizing firm needs to make. It also discusses the organizational challenge the implementation of global strategy poses.
- Identifies a series of strategic issues managers in MNCs need to tackle, such as the creation of a cross-border knowledge management system, the facilitation of global innovation, the creation of regional structures or the competition in emerging markets.
- Depicts some of the currently most hotly debated issues in Global Strategy based on a topic screening.
- 60% Individual paper.
- 40% e-learning.
- Up to 2 bouns points for class participation.
Readings, cases and slides are made available via our blackboard platform.