30590 - ADVANCED PYTHON PROGRAMMING FOR ECONOMICS, MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
Synchronous Blended: Lessons in synchronous mode in the classroom (for a maximum of one hour per credit in remote mode)
This is an advanced course in python computer programming. Students attending the course are recommended to have already taken an introductory course on python programming. If they already had a course about programming in another language (e.g. Java, C, etc.) that's fine. Some references will be provided for a quick introduction to the python syntax.
The primary goal of this course is to give students an advanced understanding to the python programming language and its main features through various applications in many fields.
- Input/Output in Python
- Databases Management with Python
- Computer Simulations
- Agent Based Modeling
- Define procedural and object oriented programming language concepts.
- Describe and explain the working of the programs presented in the course.
- Recognise the relationship between a problem description and program design.
- Decompose problems into simpler problems.
- Use procedural and object oriented programming language concepts in real programs.
- Combine programming techniques to solve problems of varying degrees of difficulty in applied fields
- Find and understand programming language documentation to learn new information needed to solve programming problems.
- Implement problem solving strategies.
- Face-to-face lectures
- Exercises (exercises, database, software etc.)
- Case studies /Incidents (traditional, online)
- Individual assignments
- Group assignments
- Programming exercises are assigned to have students practice the language.
- Some case studies are analyzed through in class discussion.
- Individual assignments consist of readings and programming exercises, through possibly an external platform.
Individual assignments and the Group assignment both count for 50% of the final grade.
Online textbooks and references are given through the Bboard platform.