30488 - APPLIED VALUATION ANALYSIS FOR MERGERS AND OTHER BUSINESS COMBINATIONS
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
Synchronous Blended: Lessons in synchronous mode in the classroom (for a maximum of one hour per credit in remote mode)
Basic introductory accounting.
To provide students with an understanding of the nature and structure of the disclosures that an acquirer must make when proposing a merger with a target. Particular attention is paid to data that is useful for valuation purposes when trying to appraise a target with a view to developing a target identification methodology.
- Anatomy of a typical merger – mini case study.
- Overview of Mergers Analysis – methods to identify prospective targets using financial statements.
- Brief outline of US and European financial reporting requirements FAS 141 and 141R and IFRS 3 so you understand what reports an acquirer has to file with regulators before a new business combination can be approved.
- Required filings to raising finance to publicly fund transactions.
- Obtaining a purchase price and creating a Pro Forma Valuation.
- Special topic on fair values, goodwill and intangibles valuation.
- Some applied examples.
- Constructing projections including accretion and dilution.
- Ex-post analysis of deals.
how to produce a pro forma valuation for a merger
model complex M&A trnsactions in Excel
- Face-to-face lectures
- Group assignments