30488 - APPLIED VALUATION ANALYSIS FOR MERGERS AND OTHER BUSINESS COMBINATIONS
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
MILES BERNARD GIETZMANN
Class 31: MILES BERNARD GIETZMANN
Basic introductory accounting.
To provide students with an understanding of the nature and structure of the disclosures that an acquirer must make when proposing a merger with a target. Particular attention is paid to data that is useful for valuation purposes when trying to appraise a target with a view to developing a target identification methodology.
- Anatomy of a typical merger – mini case study.
- Overview of Mergers Analysis – methods to identify prospective targets using financial statements.
- Brief outline of US and European financial reporting requirements FAS 141 and 141R and IFRS 3 so you understand what reports an acquirer has to file with regulators before a new business combination can be approved.
- Required filings to raising finance to publicly fund transactions.
- Obtaining a purchase price and creating a Pro Forma Valuation.
- Special topic on fair values, goodwill and intangibles valuation.
- Some applied examples.
- Constructing projections including accretion and dilution.
- Ex-post analysis of deals.