30415 - TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION SEMINARS I
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 25
Learn first-hand about the most recent developments in data science and applied Maths from renowned professional experts in the field.
Students will partecipate in a serie on Quantum Computing offered in Cooperation with IBM. The date is still do be determined. It will be a Friday in november to be agreed with IBM experts.
- Describe the data science problems illustrated in the seminar.
- Recognize a number of "hot" topics in data science.
- Identify the tools needed to solve these problems.
- Analyze the data science problems discussed in the seminars
- Compare the different types of tools used to solve the different problems
- Online lectures
The students will be exposed to a high level presentation on Quantum Computing by international experts in the field.
|Continuous assessment||Partial exams||General exam|
The exam aims to test the student understanding of the data science problem, the tools used to solved it and the methodological implications arising from the choice of such tool.. The assessment will consist of two parts: assessment of active class participation and a final online quiz to be taken after the seminar. The online quiz is aimed at testing the students' understanding of the data science problems, the "hot" topics in data science and the tools needed to solve these problems illustrated in the seminar.
A written exam is prepared for not attending students. Relevant topics are taken from the textbook.
Materials are provided online through the learning platform some days before the visit.
- R. ROJAS, Neural Networks, A Systematic Introduction, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 1996.