30415 - TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION SEMINARS I
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 25
Learn first-hand about a profession and its career requirements through a visit to a company in the IT sector. Company visits naturally complement traditional university lectures by providing a different point of view on the topics presented in the curriculum.
During the visit, students get in touch with a real work environment and are exposed to a professional environment.
- Describe the work environment and the culture of an IT company.
- Recognize a number of "hot" topics in the IT industry.
- Identify the differences between university and the workplace.
- Analyze what professionals in the field are doing.
- Compare an academic setting and an IT workplace environment.
- Discuss the relevance of some techologies.
- Use some AI tools at a basic level.
- Company visits
The company visit is a one-day long stay at an important IT firm with some presentations, discussions and hands-on sessions on present and future technologies.
|Continuous assessment||Partial exams||General exam|
Full credit is awarded to students who actively participate in all the activities organized by the host company.
A written exam is prepared for not attending students. Relevant topics are taken from the textbook.
Materials are provided online through the learning platform some days before the visit.
- R. ROJAS, Neural Networks, A Systematic Introduction, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 1996.