30180 - EQUITY PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
Students are supposed to have basic knowledge of mathematics, statistics (linear regressions) and finance (the Markowitz optimization model, the Capital Asset Pricing Model and the Arbitrage Pricing Theory). Ideally, students should have already taken a course in Investments or Financial Economics.
To advance understanding of financial theory to portfolio management in the equity asset class.
The course deals with empirical evidence on long run premia, application of the market model to determining risk and return, behavioral finance, efficient market theory, anomalies in the equity market.
- Understand what is the meaning of efficient markets.
- Gain solid knowledge about the equity risk premima.
- Understand the relevance of behavioral finance.
- Understand the meaning of anomalies and their implications for managing equity portfolios.
Manage their won equity portfolio.
Become junior analyst in an asset management company.
- Face-to-face lectures
- Guest speaker's talks (in class or in distance)
- Exercises (exercises, database, software etc.)
- There are about 24 lectures.
- There are 1-2 external speakers.
- Exercises are solved in class.
|Continuous assessment||Partial exams||General exam|
- I do not distinguish between attending and non-attending students.
- The exam consists of 4 short questions and 4 long questions/exercises.
- Students get full grade in each question if they answer correctly, otherwise they get partial credit.
BODIE, KANE, MARCUS, Investments, McGraw Hill.