30179 - INTERNATIONAL PROJECT FINANCE
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
Familiarity with financial statements. Basic financial and accounting knowledge.
The course aims at describing the basic techniques of Project Finance. As government spending is limited around the world and infrastructure developing is in high demand, Project Finance is a very actual topic and an area of job opportunities in the future, as private players step in the market to finance long term projects.
The course gives detailed information on:
- Understand the differences between corporate finance and project finance.
- Understand the main actors involved in a project financing.
- Understand the financial viability of project financing and the main risk present in a project.
- Understand the financial planning in project finance.
- Do a financial plan for a spv.
- Assess a project of a spv.
- Prepare financiail projections.
- Determine the borrowing capacity of the project.
- Face-to-face lectures
- Guest speaker's talks (in class or in distance)
- Exercises (exercises, database, software etc.)
- Exercises: exercises aimed to understand logics and calculations skills.
- External speakers: attendance of external speakers expert in the field.
|Continuous assessment||Partial exams||General exam|
With the purpose of measuring the acquisition of the above-mentioned learning outcomes, the students’ assessment is based on a written consisting of exercises, open questions and multiple choices aimed to assess students’ ability to apply the analytical tools illustrated during the course, to solve and explain problems and to comment on optimal capital structure issues.