20683 - PYTHON PREPARATORY COURSE
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 1
Python is becoming an increasingly popular programming language not only for Computer and Data Scientists, but also for Managers.The course aims to provide students with a practical knowledge of Python. This allows them to write their own code as well as to understand and tweak existing code. This knowledge is fundamental to successfully sit in the MSc in Data Science & Business Analytics classes.
The course is divided into two main parts.
- The first part provides a practical introduction to Python programming in order to familiarize students with the building blocks of the Python language and its working principles.
- The second part provides formal constructs to allow for the development of effective code.
In particular, students learn:
- How to install Python, how to work with Jupyter Notebooks, and Spyder.
- Variables and Strings.
- Lists and Sets.
- Tuples and Dictionaries.
- Methods and how to dispatch them.
- For loops and If statements.
- How to use and write Functions.
|Continuous assessment||Partial exams||General exam|
- G. RUBERA, F. GROSSETTI, Python for non-Pythonians: How to Win over Programming Languages, Bocconi University Press. Available at https://www.egeaonline.it/eng/products/tecnologie-e-sistemi-informativi/python-for-non pythonians.aspx