20160 - CORPORATE STRATEGY
Course taught in English
Corporate Strategy is concerned with the formulation and implementation of strategy within large, complex companies-multi-business companies in particular.
Core concepts and frameworks for strategic management in the diversified corporation.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Acquire competence in applying the concepts, frameworks and tools required for analyzing corporate strategy.
- Recognize and understand the relationships between strategy, competitive context, organizational structure, management systems, and leadership style within the large corporation and appreciate the tasks involved in implementing strategy.
- Be more aware of the broader forces currently impacting large corporations and the ways in which companies are responding to these challenges.
- Gain familiarity with the strategic management issues that concern executives.
- Develop your skills in strategic analysis as well as oral and written communication.
- Analyze multifaceted problems and opportunities in complex, international corporations and to propose appropriate solutions.
- Face-to-face lectures
- Guest speaker's talks (in class or in distance)
- Exercises (exercises, database, software etc.)
- Case studies /Incidents (traditional, online)
- Individual assignments
- Group assignments
- Interactive class activities (role playing, business game, simulation, online forum, instant polls)
Class sessions are interactive. A number of the classes are devoted to case discussion where the task of analyzing the issues in the case are undertaken by the class as a whole. In other classes we expecting students to contribute their ideas on the issues being discussed and examples drawn from their personal experiences and from reading the business press. These classes might involve a discussion of academic articles or other in-class activities.
|Continuous assessment||Partial exams||General exam|
The final grade is determined as follows:
- Final strategy project 50%
- Class participation 25%
- Assignments e Learning Logs 25%
- Total 100%
While there is no final exam, students must register for the first exam date offered in order to receive their final grade.
Readings and cases uploaded on Bboard plus a course textbook to be determined.