JEROME FRANS ADDA
For further information, please visit my personal website
Dynamic Economics: Quantitative Methods and Applications MIT Press
with Russell Cooper.
This book is an effective, concise text for students and researchers that combines the tools of dynamic programming with numerical techniques and simulation-based econometric methods. Doing so, it bridges the traditional gap between theoretical and empirical research and offers an integrated framework for studying applied problems in macroeconomics and microeconomics.
Featured Working Paper:
- “The Career Costs of Children” (with C Dustmann and K Stevens). Forthcoming, Journal of Political Economy.
Current Working Papers:
- The Role of Mothers and Fathers in Providing Skills: Evidence from Parental Deaths” (with A Bjorklund and H Holmlund).
- “Sources of Wage Growth" (with C Dustmann).
- "The Dynamics of Return Migration, Human Capital Accumulation, and Wage Assimilation" (with C Dustmann and Joseph-Simon Görlach).
- "Economic Activity and the Spread of Viral Diseases: Evidence from High Frequency Data", forthcoming, Quarterly Journal of Economics.
- "Crime and the Depenalization of Cannabis Possession: Evidence from a Policing Experiment” (with B Mcconnell and I Rasul). Journal of Political Economy, 122 (5), 1130-1202. You liked the paper? Watch the movie:
- “Taxes, Cigarette Consumption, and Smoking Intensity: Reply”, American Economic Review, (2013) 103, 7, 3102-3114. (with F Cornaglia).
- “Health Selection and the Effect of Smoking on Mortality” (2013) Scandinavian Journal of Economics, (with V Lechene).
- “ Market Regulation and Firm Performance: The Case of Smoking Bans in the UK” (2013) Journal of Law and Economics, (with V Bashkar, S Berlinski and S Machin).
- “The Effect of Bans and Taxes on Passive Smoking” (2010), American Economic Journal - Applied Economics, (with F. Cornaglia)
- “The Impact of Income Shocks on Health: Evidence from English Cohorts” (2009), Journal of the European Economic Association, (with J . Banks and HM vGaudeker)
- “ The Dynamics of Car Sales: A Discrete Choice Approach ” (with R Cooper).
- “Taxes, Cigarette Consumption and Smoking Intensity” (2006), American Economic Review, (with F. Cornaglia).
- “Behavior Towards Health Risks: An Empirical Study Using the “Mad Cow” Crisis as an Experiment”, (2007), Journal of Risk and Uncertainty.
- “ Short-run Economic Effects of the Scottish Smoking Ban” (2006), International Journal of Epidemiology , (with S Berlinski and S Machin).
- “ The Transition to Digital Television” (2005), Economic Policy , (with M Ottaviani).
- “Socio-Economic Status and Health: Causality and Pathways” (with T Chandola and M Marmot), Journal of Econometrics, (2003).
- “Associations Between Health And Measures Of Income And Wealth In White Collar Women And Men” (2003), Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, (with P Martikainen, J Ferrie, and M Marmot).
- “ Aggregation of Nonstationary Demand Systems” (2003), BE Journals in Economic Analysis and Policy , (with JM Robin).
- “ Balladurette and Juppette: A Discrete Analysis of Scrapping Subsidies” (2000), Journal of Political Economy, (with R. Cooper).
- “ Borrowing with Unobserved Liquidity Constraints: Structural Estimation with an Application to Sovereign Debt” (1998), (with J. Eaton).
- “ P-Values for non-standard distributions with an application to the DF test” Economics Letters, (1996), 50 (2), 155-160 (with J. Gonzalo).
- "Career progression and formal versus on-the-job training" (with C Dustmann, C Meghir and JM Robin).
- “Labor Market Programmes and Labor Market Outcomes” (with M Costa Dias, C Meghir and B Sianesi).