Courses a.y. 2021/2022
20629 EMPIRICAL INDUSTRIAL ORGANIZATION AND MARKET DESIGN
40404 TOPICS IN APPLIED ECONOMETRICS
Born May 17, 1980. Degree in Economics cum laude from Università Bocconi in 2002. PhD in Economics from University of Chicago in 2009.
Full Professor, Università Bocconi. Before joining Bocconi, he was a faculty at Boston University and EIEF-Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance. CEPR Research Fellow. Expert for the European Commission, currently he heads the Online Advertising Area of the Observatory on the Online Platform Economy at the European Commission. His research has been awarded multiple research grants, including two from the ERC (Consolidator and Starting) and one from PRIN, NSF and the Sloan Foundation.
Industrial Organization, Applied Microeconomics, Market Design, Health Economics.
- “From Mad Men to Maths Men: Concentration and Buyer Power in Online Advertising,” (with G. Rovigatti), American Economic Review, 2021, 111(10).
- “Marketing Agencies and Collusive Bidding in Online Ad Auctions,” (with M. Goldmanis and A. Penta), Management Science,2020, 66(10), pp. 4359-4919.
- “Subsidy Design in Privately-Provided Social Insurance: Lessons from Medicare Part D” (with M. Polyakova and S. Ryan), Journal of Political Economy, May 2020, vol. 128, no. 5, pp. 1712–1752.
- “Medicare Part D: Are Insurers Gaming the Low Income Subsidy Design?,” American Economic Review , April 2015, 105(4): 1547-80.
- “Entry and Subcontracting in Public Procurement Auctions,” (with N. Branzoli) Management Science , Vol. 61, Iss. 12, December 2015, pp. 2945–2962.
- “Bureaucratic Competence and Procurement Outcomes,” (with L. Giuffrida, E. Iossa, V. Mollisi and G. Spagnolo), The Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization , Volume 36, Issue 3, November 2020, Pages 537–597.