Courses a.y. 2016/2017
30405 FUNDAMENTALS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY LAW
50058 DIRITTO COSTITUZIONALE ITALIANO ED EUROPEO [ITALIAN AND EUROPEAN CONSTITUTIONAL LAW]
50064 CIVIL LIBERTIES AND HUMAN RIGHTS
50070 IT AND COMMUNICATION LAW
50145 ADVANCED CONSTITUTIONAL LAW - TRANSNATIONAL CONSTITUTIONAL LAW AND GOVERNMENT POLICIES
Born in Messina. Graduated in law, Messina University. LLM College of Europe, Bruges. Full Professor of Constitutional Law. Admitted as a Barrister of Supreme Italian Courts
Full professor of Constitutional Law- Bocconi University;
Director of the series “Law and Policy of the New Media” Aracne,
International Journal of Communications Law and Policy, http://www.ijclp.net/;
Editor in Chief:
http://www.medialaws.eu/ Law and Policy of the new Media
http://www.diritticomparati.it/ Comparing fundamental rights in Europe
Appointments at national Institutions
2016: Appointed as expert, Ministry of Justice, revision of the directive on digital content
2016: Appointed as legal expert for the drafting of the white book on the protection digital contents by the National Authority of Communications
2015: Appointed as legal expert, Ministry of the Economic Development, technical table on Net Neutrality
Appointments at European and international Institutions
2015: Appointed as national expert by the Council of Europe, Directorate of Internal Oversight
2015: Appointed as national legal expert by the Council of Europe, Directorate Human Rights and Rule of law
2015: Appointed as expert valuator at the at the Commission of the European Union, H2020 GERI call (Science with and for Society 2014-2015 Work Program).
2014: Appointed as independent legal expert at OSCE, Representative on Freedom of the Media, Vienna
2013: Appointed as expert valuator by the Commission of the European Union, for the call FP7-SiS-2013-1, Structural Change and Gender Mainstreaming, DG Research & Innovation
European and Comparative Constitutional Law; Media Law; Internet Law, Law and Cinema (Areas in which Oreste Pollicino is regularly invited as speaker in national and international Conferences).
Visiting Scholarship and Professorship (Oxford University, Law School (Institute of European and Comparative Law and Programme in Comparative Media Law and Policy), Central European University (Budapest), Haifa Global Law Program .
Judge at final rounds at Monroe Price Moot Court in Media Law, Oxford University
*Protection of Fundamental Rights in Internet and Judicial Interaction. A Constitutional Comparative Perspective, under contract with Hart Publishing, Oxford (expected in 2017)
*(With E. Apa), Modeling the Liability of Internet Service Providers: Google versus Vividown: A Constitutional Perspective, Milan, Egea, 2013;
*(With G. Martinico), The Interaction between Europe's Legal Systems: Judicial Dialogue and the Creation of Supranational Laws, 2012, Edward Elgar Publishing
*(With G. Camera), La legge è uguale per tutti, anche sul Web. Dietro le quinte di google versus vividown. [We are all equal in the eyes of the law’, on the Web too. The factual and legal Background of Google versus Vividown, in Italian], Egea, Milan, 2010, 160;
*L’allargamento ad est dell’Europa e rapporti tra Corti costituzionali e Corti europee. Verso una teoria generale dell’impatto interordinamentale del diritto sovranazionale? [The Enlargment of Europe to the East and the Relationship between the Constitutional and European Courts: Towards a General Theory of the Domestic Impact of the Supranational Law?, in Italian], Giuffrè, Milan, XV-570 .
*Discriminazione sulla base del sesso e trattamento preferenziale nel diritto comunitario: un profilo giurisprudenziale alla ricerca del nucleo duro del "new legal order", [Discrimination on the Ground of Sex and Preferential Treatment in EC Law: a Case Law Based Analysis in Search of the Hard Core of the "New Legal Order", in Italian], Awarded of "Marco Biagi Prize" 2005 for the Best Phd Thesis of the Year, Giuffrè, Fondazione Marco Biagi, Milan, X-330
1. (With G. Busia and L. Liguori), The Data protection Italian legislation 20 years later (in Italian), forthcoming, Aracne, 2016
2. (With R. Mastroianni, O. Razzolini, S. Allegrezza, F. Pappalardo, Commentary to the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union (in Italian), Giuffrè, forthcoming, 2016
3. (With M. Bassini e V. Lubello), Digital inheritance and digital identity, Aracne (in Italian), forthcoming, 2016
4. (With R. Franzosi and G. Campus), Internet and Copyright protection in the European perspective. The Digital Single Market Copyright, Aracne, forthcoming, 2016
5. (With G. Romeo), Internet Law, Protection of Fundamental Rights and Constitutional Adjudication, Routledge, 2016, 1-400.
6. (With E. Apa), Code of Digital Information, second edition, entirely revised and edition , 2015, Egea, 1-728
7. (With M. Bassini), Towards an Internet Bill of Rights?(in Italian), Aracne, 2015
8. (With E. Apa), The first 15 years of the activity of the Italian Communication Authority,(in Italian) Aracne, 2015
9. (With S. Gobbato), Sport rights between antitrust and regulation (in Italian), Aracne, 2014
10. (With E. Bertolini and V. Lubello), Internet: Regole e tutela dei diritti fondamentali (Internet: Regulation and Protection of Fundamental Rights, in Italian), Rome, Aracne, 2013, 1-204
11. (With A. Mazzaro), Tutela del copyright e della privacy sul web: quid iuris?, (Copyright versus Privacy in Internet, Quid Iuris?, in Italian ), Rome, Aracne, 2012, 1-271
12. (With E. Apa), Code of Digital Information, 2012, Milan, Egea, 1-728
13. Class Actions nel diritto comparato (Class Actions in Comparative Law, in Italian) in Diritto Pubblico Comparato ed Europeo, 3/2012, 1107-1350
14. (With G. Martinico), The National Judicial Treatment of Supranational Laws. A Comparative Perspective, Groningen, Europa Law Publishing, 2010, 1-511
Entries in Encyclopedia, Articles and Chapters in Books (2015-16)
1. Media, Max Plank Encyclopedia of Comparative Constitutional Law (Oxford University Press)
2. Law and Cinema, Encyclopedia for the Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy (Springer)
3.. (With G. Martinico e B. Guastaferro), Italy, in A. Albi (ed), The Role of National Constitutions in European and Global Governance, ASSER, forthcoming, 2016
4. (With E. Bertolini and V. Francheschelli), Analysis of ISP regulation under Italian Law, in G. Dinwoodi (ed), Secondary liability of Internet Service providers, Springer, forthcoming, 2016
5 Della sopravvivenza delle tradizioni costituzionali comuni alla Carta di Nizza: ovvero del mancato avverarsi di una (cronaca di) morte annunciata (is common constitutional tradition still a meaningful concept? (in Italian), in Diritto dell’Unione europea, 2016,
6.(With M. Bassini), Trattamento dei dati personali e ordine di protezione europeo: alla ricerca di un punto di equilibrio", in M. Ceresa-Gastaldo-H. Belluta (eds), L'ordine di protezione europeo. La tutela delle vittime di reato come motore della cooperazione giudiziaria, Giuffrè, 2016
7.(With G. Romeo), Internet and models of constitutional review, in Internet Law, Protection of Fundamental Rights and Constitutional Adjudication, Routledge, 2016
8.(With Bassini), Schrems, Il peso della Carta dei diritti fondamentali dell’Unione europea nel reasoning della Corte (Schrems, the role of the Charter of fundamental rights in the ECJ reasoning, in Italian), in Diritto dell’Informazione e dell’informatica, 2015
9.From the Academia to the (constitutional bench). An heterodox reading of the last move (decision No. 238/2014) of the Italian Constitutional Court on the relationship between Constitution and international (customary) law, in Diritto Pubblico comparato ed europeo, 2015
10. (With M. Bassini) The Luxembourg Sense of the Internet: Towards a Right to Digital Privacy, in The Global Community, OUP, 2015.
11. the European Judicial Dialogue and the Protection of Fundamental Rights in the New Digital Environment, The Case of Freedom of Speech, in S. Morando-Foadi (ed), Fundamental Rights in the EU: a matter for two Courts, Hart, 2015.
12 European Court of Human Rights and Italian Constitutional Court: No ‘Groovy Kind of Love, in K. Siegler (ed), The UK and of European Court of Human Rights- A Strained relationship, Hart, 2015
13 La transizione dagli atomi ai bit nel reasoning delle Corti europee (Protection of fundamental rights on the Internet: From atoms to bits in the reasoning of the European Courts, in Italian) in Ragion Pratica, 2015.
14 La Corte di giustizia e giudici nazionali: il moto “ascendente”, ovverosia l’incidenza delle “tradizioni costituzionali comuni” nella tutela apprestata ai diritti dalla Corte dell’Unione (Role of the Common Constitutional Traditions in the European Integration Process, in Italian), in A. Ruggeri (ed) Crisi dello stato nazionale, dialogo intergiurispudenziale e tutela dei diritti fondamentali, 2015, Giappichelli
15. The European and Constitutional Implications of the Google v. Vividown Saga, TheGlobal Community, 2015, Oxford University Press