Courses a.y. 2015/2016
20354 DATA ANALYSIS - PREPARATORY COURSE
20486 FONDAMENTI DI BUSINESS ANALYTICS / PRINCIPLES OF BUSINESS ANALYTICS
40329 ADVANCED DATA ANALYSIS 1
Degree in Economics and Social Sciences from Università Bocconi. PhD in Statistics from the Università di Trento.
At Università Bocconi she has taught Statistics, Computing, Applied Economics, Economic Statistics, Sample Surveys, Statistics for Ecoomics and Business (EMIT, LS), Data Analysis (PhD in Business Administration and Management, PhD in Statistics). She taught Statistics and economic statistics at the Faculty of Economics, Università dell’Insubria, and Statistics at the Faculty of Political Science, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore.
She visited CSSS (Center for Statistics and the Social Science), University of Washington, Seattle, USA, from September 2008 to December 2008, and the Dept. of Social Science Research Methods, Faculty of Social Sciences, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam from September 2007 to December 2007.
She was a referee for the following journals: Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A, Statistics and Computing, Computational Statistics, Journal of Applied Statistics, Statistical Papers, Sociological Methods and Research, Statistics in Medicine, Sociological Methods, Statistical Methods and Applications, Advances in Life Course Research, Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Journal of Statistical Software, Statistical Methods and Applications
She is a member of the Società Italiana di Statistica (SIS). She is fellow of 'Carlo F. Dondena' Centre for Research on Social Dynamics.
She obtained the award Indennità di eccellenza nella ricerca, Bocconi University (academic years 2008 and 2009).
Multivariate data analysis. Categorical data analysis. Sequence Analysis. Classification and Regression trees (for ordinal response variables). Analysis of Dissimilarity matrices. Genetic algorithms. Neural networks.
Refereed journals papers:
- The relationship between clinical instability and endurance tests, pain and disability in non-specific low back pain (with C. Vanti, C. Conti, F. Faresin, and S. Ferrari), accepted for publication on Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics (accepted on January 21, 2016)
- Joint sequence analysis: association and clustering, Accepted for publication on Sociological Methods and Research (accepted on May 12 2015).
- Implying sequences using scores. Some considerations. Invited commentary to the paper “Like mother, like daughter? A dyadic sequence analysis approach to uncover patterns of mothers and daughters careers”, Sociological Methodology, 2015, 45: 76-81.
- Clinical tests, pain and disability in subjects with lumbar SPL. A cross-sectional diagnostic test study (with Silvano Ferrari, Carla Vanti, and M. Monticone), Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 2014, 37(9):647-659.
- The Italian version of the Physical Therapy Patient Questionnaire (PTPSQ-I(15). Psychometric properties in a sample of inpatients” (with C. Vanti, P. Pillastrini , M. Monticone, D. Ceron, F. Bonetti, F.S. Violante, A. Guccione), BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 2014 15:135
- Parametric and Nonparametric Analysis of Life Courses: An Application to Family Formation Patterns (with Marco Bonetti and Gaia Salford) Demography, 2013, 50:881–902
- Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the Physical Therapy Outpatient Satisfaction Survey in an Italian musculoskeletal population (with C. Vanti, F. Bonetti, D. Ceron, F.S. Violante, A. Guccione, and P. Pillastrini), BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, 2013, 14:125
- Italian Version of the Physical Therapy Patient Satisfaction Questionnaire: Cross-Cultural Cross-Cultural Adaptation and Psychometric Properties (with C. Vanti, M. Monticone, D. Ceron, F. Bonetti, A. Guccione, and P. Pillastrini), Physical Therapy, 2013, 93:911-922.
- Mining for Association between life courses (with C. Elzinga), in Contemporary Issues in Exploratory Data Mining in the Behavioral Sciences (Quantitative Methodology Series), John McArdle and Gilbert Ritschard (Editors) Routledge (2013)
- Graphical and smoothing techniques for sequence analysis Sociological Methods & Research, 2012, 41(2) 362–380
- Faster Route to the CEO Suite: Nepotism or Managerial Proficiency? (with Carlo Salvato and Alessandro Minichilli), Family Business Review, 2012, 25(2) 206 –224
- Binary trees for dissimilarity data, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 2010 54, pp. 1516-1524
- Exploring sequences: A graphical tool based upon Multidimensional Scaling (with Orna Lior), JRSS Series A, 2010, 173, pp. 165-184;
- Strings of Adulthood: A Sequence Analysis of Young Women’s Work-family Trajectories (with Arnstein Aassve e Francesco Billari), European Journal of Population, 2007, vol. 23, pp. 369-388;
- Clustering Work and Family Trajectories using a Divisive Algorithm, (withFrancesco Billari), JRSS Series A, 2007, 170, pp. 1061-1078;
- Classification Trees for Ordinal Variables, Computational Statistics, 2008, 23, pp. 407-427;
- Analysing Demographic Life Courses through Sequence Analysis, (withFrancesco Billari), Mathematical Population Studies, 12, 2005, pp. 1-27;
- Sequence Analysis of BHPS Life Courses Data, (withArnstein Aassve and Francesco Billari) in New Developments in Classification and Data Analysis, M. Vichi, P. Monari, S. Mignani, A. Montanari, eds., pp. 275-284, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg 2004;
- Ordinal classification trees based on impurity measures, in Advances in Multivariate Data Analysis, Bock-Chiodi-Mineo, eds., pp. 39-51, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg 2004;
- A New Measure of Nominal-Ordinal Association, Journal of Applied Statistics, 28(1), 2001, pp. 107-120;
- Genetic Algorithms for the Analysis of Bayesian hierarchical partition models (with Claudio Borroni), Statist. Meth. Appl. 10, 2001, pp. 113-121;
- ’Stable clusters’: a new approach for clustering binary variables, in Studies in Classification, Data Analysis and Knowledge Organization, S. Borra, R. Rocci, M. Vichi e M. Schader, eds., Springer, 2001, pp. 35-42;
- Life Courses as Sequences: An Experiment in Clustering via Monothetic Divisive Algorithms (with Francesco Billari) in Studies in Classification, Data Analysis and Knowledge Organization, S. Borra, R. Rocci, M. Vichi e M. Schader, eds., 2001;
- Genetic Algorithms for Optimal Grouping of Categories in Two-way contingency Tables, (with Claudio Borroni) Statistica Applicata, 12(4), 2000, pp. 435-444;
- Sharp Bounds for the Maximum of the Goodman-Kruskal t Index in a class of I x J Tables with Given Rows and Columns Totals, Computational Statistics, 14(3), 1999, pp. 397-418.
Textbooks: Statistica descrittiva: esercizi risolti e guida alla soluzione usando Excel (joint with M. Mezzetti), Milano, EGEA, 2002;"Appunti di inferenza statistica" (joint with P. Veronese), Milano, Spiegel, 2001; Note di statistica descrittiva (joint with L. Molteni), Milano, EGEA, 2000; Modello Lineare: Aspetti Metodologici e Applicazioni, Milano, Datanova, 1996; Introduzione alla logica di programmazione, Milano, Datanova, 1996.